About Pharmacology and testing
We offer an analysis that determines a patient's ability to break down a specific drug. We do this through high-resolution genotyping of pharmacogenes.
The ability to break down drugs varies between individuals and among other things depends on the individual's genetic heritage, the so-called pharmacogenes. Plasma concentrations in two individuals with the same body weight, receiving the same dose of a drug, can differ substantially. There is risk that the patient will receive the wrong dose which can have serious consequences such as drug intoxication or a lack of drug effectiveness. Using pharmacogenetic analysis we can find the right drug and dose for the individual.
Simple sampling and analysis in an accredited laboratory
The CE-marked sampling kit contains sampling material, instructions and return packaging. A cheek scrape sample is taken from the patient and sent to our quality-assured laboratory for analysis. Analysis results are delivered via email or obtained from our website with a personal code. The result provides guidance to directly rule out inappropriate drugs and find the right dosage from the beginning. It reduces the risk of suffering for patients and helps reduce costs for the patient, medical care and the community at large.
Suitable for most types of drugs
Our pharmacogenetic analyses can be used for most types of drugs, including analgesics, psychotropic drugs and antihypertensive drugs. If there are special requests for which pharmacogenes to analyse or which medications should be covered, we can customise the analysis as required.
Make clinical trials safer and smoother
The analysis can also be used to increase the safety and efficiency of clinical drug trials. This is done by making it easier to find individuals to study and making it possible to assemble test groups as desired.
Drugs that are covered by Dynamic Code pharmacogenetic analysis
Our pharmacogenetic analysis can be used for many types of drugs, such as anti-depressants, beta-blockers, antihypertensive proton pump inhibitors, blood thinners and epilepsy preparations. In total, the genes we examine are of interest for >90% of drugs used.
Pharmacogenes that are covered by Dynamic Code pharmacogenetic analysis
We can offer genotyping of more than 200 pharmacogenes, both “classical” drug-degrading enzymes and transport genes. We can genotype these with high resolution and determine a large number of variants (alleles) of each gene.
Some examples of genes that we can analyse
- cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily C, CYP2D6
- cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily C, CYP2C19
- cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily C, CYP2C9:
- cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily E, polypeptide 1, CYP2E1 (14)
- cytochrome P450, family 2, subfamily A, polypeptide 4, CYP3A4 (35)
- cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 5, CYP3A5 (33)
- cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 7, CYP3A7 (7)
- flavin containing monooxygenase 3, FMO3 (22)
- glutathione S-transferase mu 2, GSTM2 (7)
- N-acetyltransferase 1 (arylamine N-acetyltransferase), NATI (22)
- peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha, PPARA (16)
- solute carrier organic anion transporter family, member 1A2, SLCO1A2 (21)
- thiopurine S-methyltransferase, TPMT (18)
- vitamin K epoxide reductase complex, subunit 1, VKORC1 (12)
If you have special requests for which pharmacogenes to analyse or which medications should be covered, we can customise the analysis as required.
Information and price quotes
For further information about our services within pharmacology and testing, price, collaboration, please contact us.
Phone: +46(0)13 465 53 20